Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome Season 2010

The snow banks are begining to retreat, the edge of the lawn is begining to show. Granted, it is mostly brown, the temperature is starting to climb up above the freezing point more often. Its time for old man winter to go off on his annual sojourn. And its time to begin thinking about gardening again.

This year we have had more time to plan. So I have come up with a plan for our vegatable garden. We plan to plant 32 different varieties plants, which include vegatables, fruits, greens and herbs. Today, I completed a detailed plan for all the plants including quantity, dates and locations in the garden for each plant. I searched the internet for the last frost date for Cedar Rapids and found a couple of opinions. I chose to place my bets on April 29th being the last frost date.

I started seeds for the eggplants. I hope to have 8 hopefully healthy plants by the end of April. Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment